Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!





Our family is gearing up for our last Thanksgiving in the States (for quite awhile) and we are enjoying our long weekend.  Thanksgiving hasn't been quite the same for our family ever since my mom passed away a couple of years ago, and we are still coming up with a new routine for the holidays.  One constant however, has been the annual "Run to Feed the Hungry 5K" at our church Thanksgiving morning.  The past seven Thanksgivings I have found myself shivering on the starting line in the morning waiting to burn off some calories in hopes of combating some of the damage I will be doing later in the day.  It is also a great way for our church to stock our food cupboard and combat hunger.  This is a tradition that I am going to have a hard time giving up.  Perhaps next year I will have to organize my own 5K on Thanksgiving morning in Indonesia.  I'm sure it won't be that hard to convince my fellow classmates in language school to run 3 miles in the heat with me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment