Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Colton is four!


It is hard to believe that we have a four year old in our house now!  We celebrated Colton's birthday this weekend with yet another "airplane" themed party.  Everybody who comes into contact with Colton soon figures out that he is obsessed with airplanes.  We had a few of Colton's friends over for some pizza, orange juice (at his request), cake and ice cream.  Colton wanted Mike and I to make his cake into an aircraft carrier but our cake decorating skills are not quite up to the challenge of that yet so we opted for a float plane jungle scene instead.

Thanks to Señora Flynne and high school spanish class I was able to make an airplane piñata for the party.  I knew that Colton would not take to his friends beating his piñata with a stick very well so in order to escape tears I thought that I was being clever and designed a door that would open and let out the candy with the pull of a string.  Let's just say that I am not an engineer and the design had some flaws to it and there were tears anyway.  Oops.  Other than that the party was a success and Colton has been requesting to have another one ever since.  

Whenever we have gatherings at our house like this I realize how much we are truly blessed by all of the friends placed in our lives and in our children's lives.  The amount of love that our friends pour into our children blows me away every time.  It saddens me to think of the future when an ocean will be dividing us from each other.     



The big 4 year old with his cake

....and yes Macie liked the cake too.


Baby sister Macie and her slice

No comments:

Post a Comment