Saturday, October 5, 2013

Flight Standardization


 Hey All,

Angie figured that I would be the best one to fill you in on how things are going on the technical orientation side of things.  We have been learning a lot about what these airplanes are capable of.  MAF has been operating these planes for a long time and have a very good grasp of just what their capabilities are.  Couple that with some very talented instructors and you have what I have experienced these last few weeks.  It has taken a while to knock some rust off since I had not flown for over a year.  Some things came right back while others took a little longer.  As a result I stayed behind from the big backcountry trip and I will finish up after our non-technical orientation is done in 2 weeks. 


Practicing Aborts and Drops

These last few weeks have been really challenging for Angie and I as our plans have been up in the air.  It has caused us both to pray more and to seek God's wisdom for our lives.  He has once again confirmed that he has us right where we need to be.  The guys in the training department have been a huge encouragement.  They rearranged the timing of the backcountry trip to allow me to fly with another instructor and while the rest of my class was in the rugged backcountry of Idaho, my instructor stayed behind to help me get the things ironed out that I needed.  This was not the path that I would have taken on my own but God has walked Angie and I through this together, strengthening our relationship with Him and MAF in the process.  I am so thankful that God has put us where we are at and I look forward to what he has for our future.

Thank you all who are praying for us in this process!  We have seen God work in your prayers!

Mike



Looking Downhill at Holdout in Eastern Oregon





Taking a break at Holdout.  This little ranch has been around since the 1920's according to the owner who was out spotting deer.  5% slope and about 2000 ft long.



Not a view you would expect out of a small airplane!

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to know and feel the hand of God guiding you! We continue to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete