Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Where are you guys?!

Why haven't you been blogging lately?  Short answer.  We've been busy.  

I find as I sit here and scroll through this blog I have made a mistake by only posting about the fun stuff we get to do.  There are two reasons for this I think.  1.)  I don't want to bore you.  2.)  I don't like to be a "downer" and sound like I am complaining.  So from now on I promise to write out every little detail of our lives.  Just Kidding!  I will, however, make a better effort though to put the "whole" picture of our lives in this blog.

We have less than 2 weeks until we drive out to Mission Aviation Fellowship headquarters and start Standardization and Orientation training for the next 2 1/2 months.  Before we leave we need to have our possessions sorted and packed, and have our house scrubbed and emptied out for the owners who are returning after we leave.  By the way, does anybody want an Orange cat?  His name is Orange.

A couple of weeks ago we had a big garage sale trying to raise some cash to buy a stove for our kitchen in Indonesia and to clear out some space in our house.  Colton was such a trooper he not only let us sell a lot of his toys, but he actually helped.  He turned out to be quite the wheeler and dealer.  (Not sure who he inherited that trait from).  As a reward he got to pick out a Nerf dart gun to take with him to Indo.

Colton was obsessed with selling this baby food grinder (and he did eventually).

We have to (get to) sort our stuff into two different shipments.  Some of our things will be packed into a wooden crate and shipped directly to our final base in Indo where we will see it in about 1 1/2 years.  The rest of our stuff will travel with us to Language School in our checked luggage.

Our crate.  See you in a year and a half!


We also have to write out on a spreadsheet, in detail, everything that we pack and it's value.  Here is Mike going through ALL of his tools.

Sorting tools for the crate.

By the way, do you like our new couch?  We just sold our other one this week.  Kind of feel like I'm in my early 20's again sitting in camp chairs in our living room!  It is nice to have the cup holders though. 

Our current "couch".
In between all of this we have still been building our support team and sharing about MAF with others.  Mike and I had the opportunity to lead a club at our church's summer kid's program.  We taught the kids what a missionary pilot does and a little bit about Indonesia.  During the week the kids raised money for Mike's flight helmet he will need to fly with in Indonesia.  They raised over $500, praise God!  In the course of this week I also confirmed the fact that I am completely scared of talking to kids between the ages of 7-12!  I would feel more comfortable speaking in front of an entire church than a small room in front of kids.  (Something to work on).  

Watching "Petey the Plane" and learning about MAF.




2 comments:

  1. Love this! I love hearing the small details of what's to come :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, we can relate :). So excited for your departure, it’s amazing how quickly a year has gone. I’m so excited to have friends all over the world and excited to see how God will use your family in Indonesia. We miss you guys and hope God intersects our paths again. Blessings as you take off!

    ReplyDelete