Tuesday, July 17, 2012


Our dreams of serving with MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) in Indonesia are finally becoming a reality.  Today was assignment day, a day that I have been sweating and praying over for a LONG time.  Today after lunch Mike and I nervously walked into a room and sat down at a table with six people staring at us who had decided the day before where our family would be serving.  I held my breath as I heard the words, "We have decided to send you to...(dramatic pause)...Indonesia."  There really was a dramatic pause too, I didn't make that part up, it felt like an eternity.  That is one of the reasons I love MAF so much, every body seems to have a good sense of humor.  I think that if you get in this line of work though, it is a requirement of sorts.

Mike and I will be learning in more depth the details of our assignment in these coming weeks and will be sharing them with you soon.  For now here is a sneak peek of what Mike will be doing:






3 comments:

  1. Angie, I am so THRILLED for you and Mike (and the munchkins!!!) How soon is all of this going to take place!

    Hugs, ~ Karen and the rest of the Cowart Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! We have A LOT of training to complete before we leave and have to raise support as well, the soonest departure date will be next August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Blessings to you all! I will be praying for you as you do the final preparations for your adventure :)

    ReplyDelete